Monday 16 April 2007

Progress Report Monday

Every Monday at the 6monthproject is Progress Report day.

Today was a positive day, for the first time since the blog started the progress bar has moved. We have saved 6% of our goal of $10,000

I made £310 ($614) in alternative income so far this month through tutoring and freelance. That money goes directly into my savings account.

In terms of budget, we're right on track. I drove a bit more than I've wanted. But I still have 1/2 tank of gas left, that should last until the end of the month.

Electricity is still our best performer on our budget. 18 days ago we put £10 ($20) on the electricity account. Today we have £2 ($4) left. That will last us 4-5 days. Our initial budget for electricity was £40 ($80) ! Needless to say we will be saving some money on this expense.

In 3 weeks I get paid. Income to savings target this month is £400 ($800).

0 comments: